No more than 2-3 packets/sec from the ESP8266?

Her Majesty

Re: No more than 2-3 packets/sec from the ESP8266?

Postby Her Majesty » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:25 pm

tve wrote:Her Majesty :-) thanks for posting your test binary. Your set-up must be different from mine, because I can't get the performance you get. :-(

Which hardware module are you using ?

Veeda

Postby Veeda » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 am

Hi HerMajesty,

What program are you using to set the tcp server?

Thanks,

rsh

Postby rsh » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:34 am

Hey, I faced with the limit on sending packets on standart AT 0.5 firmware, no matter what UART baud rate is set, eps8266 cannot send more than 50 UDP packets per second.

In AT manual was mentioned that if you send data through "AT CIPSEND", esp is waiting "+++" sequence and there is pause 20ms between each packet, but for "AT CIPSEND=<linkID>, datalength" there isn't any. How to solve this issue?

kalreg

Postby kalreg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:40 am

Hello,

Has anything changed in the subject of speed of cipsend since last post? I have my arduino connected to wifi via esp8266 and two buttons on arduino. If i press a button it sends one byte (1 for pressed, 0 for releasing a button). But i can easily press and release faster than cipsend gets "SEND OK". And arduino, although is trying to send both - 1 and later 0, the second command is ignored by esp8266 unless i do it slowly so arduino gets "send ok" from esp. I need both client and server of my wifi so cipmux=1
Any ideas to speed it up?

Flodis

Postby Flodis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank You all.

It makes the picture a bit clearer. There must be some strange idea about handshaking that has been mixed up with the TCP layer. What I notice in my experiment is that there will be no quick "SEND OK" unless something is sent back in response. If no data back the default delay seems to be near 300 ms.

To bring speed up I probably have to send a dummy response back from the server to the ESP8266 to help the sender get a "SEND OK" confirmation.

Since in my case the server is dedicated for the client it may solve the problem, but this is not the way it is supposed to work. Data is already sent - Even the reply is back before you get a "SEND OK" confirmation!

This can not be justified by buffer size. There is enough information in the TCP layer to figure out if data has been sent. There should not be any dependency on receiving incoming packages back. Those packages is another conversation. Sending should already be complete.

Sorry for "cross posting". Only to show real life scope signal images from ESP8266 strange "SEND OK" delay where the delay is demonstrated.