routing protocol in demo_mesh ?

LPerezBustos

routing protocol in demo_mesh ?

Postby LPerezBustos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:05 am

Hi, I'm working on implementation of ad-hoc networks through WiFi-ESP8266 module. Have you work in this kind of project ?
I took a look at demo_mesh as a good first step but it is kind of M-ary tree. I would like to implement proactive or reactive routing protocols on it by sharing routing information between nodes. Mesh API's have the functions to control this at mac and network layers ?

ESP_Alen

Re: routing protocol in demo_mesh ?

Postby ESP_Alen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 pm

LPerezBustos wrote:Hi, I'm working on implementation of ad-hoc networks through WiFi-ESP8266 module. Have you work in this kind of project ?
I took a look at demo_mesh as a good first step but it is kind of M-ary tree. I would like to implement proactive or reactive routing protocols on it by sharing routing information between nodes. Mesh API's have the functions to control this at mac and network layers ?

Hi, Could you describe the detail information about your solution ?

LPerezBustos

Postby LPerezBustos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:47 pm

ESP_Alen wrote:
LPerezBustos wrote:Hi, I'm working on implementation of ad-hoc networks through WiFi-ESP8266 module. Have you work in this kind of project ?

I don't have a solution yet, I'm in design process and just wondering if ESP8266 is able to implement IEEE 802.11 ad-hoc mode by using mesh API's.

ESP_Alen

Postby ESP_Alen » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:24 am

LPerezBustos wrote:
ESP_Alen wrote:

I don't have a solution yet, I'm in design process and just wondering if ESP8266 is able to implement IEEE 802.11 ad-hoc mode by using mesh API's.

We hope it's useful to you.

gmag11

Postby gmag11 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 am

I am working in a project like that. Have a look to https://gitlab.com/BlackEdder/painlessMesh

It is a non IP, JSON based messages mesh.

Regards,
Germán