1) Which layer of OSI model or TCP/IP stack esp-mesh takes place ? I used a network analyzer to "sniff" the packet from root node to AP-Server and I looked that some information that I read using UART is encapsulated as "TCP Data". The routing process through the mesh is done using part of the TCP payload?
2) The 4 modules are sending data to the server but actually I don't know how the mesh topology is made. By reading the info from serial terminal connected to root node I guess that the others 3 nodes are connected directly to root and not forming a tree like the guide of demo-mesh says. I spread the nodes around the house and when one of them is not in range of root node it failed to connect in the mesh.
3) demo-mesh use the esp8266 dual (SoftAP+STA) mode but I can't find other SSID's. Sometimes I scan WiFi networks around the house and I get the network from root node with the name expected in user_config.h "MESH_DEMO_X_YYYYYY" but I think that there shoud be another 3 networks corresponding each module.
4) The mesh is only for esp8266 modules or another end-device (smartphone,laptop,tablet...) could be a leaf and send packets only to SoftAP in the upper level?
5) A device that is new in the mesh and have two or more SoftAP's in range, who of them is going to be selected ? It depends on RSSI or how many clients each SoftAP has?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests
Newbies Start Here
Are you new to ESP8266?
Unsure what to do?
Dunno where to start?
Start right here!
We also have a RTOS version and a MESH version too!
Complete listing of the official ESP8266 related documentation release by ESPRESSIF!
Must read here!