- 3.3V Power supply is needed and it’s generally required that the output current of external power supply be 500 mA and above.
- Pull the chip-enable pin high.
- Configure ESP8266 in UART Download Boot mode: MTDO->0, GPIO0->0, GPIO2->1.
- Connect GND, U0RXD and U0TXD to PC via serial ports. Then use Flash Download Tool to download the firmware.
- Please note while downloading it:
1.Choose CrystalFreq(26MHz/40MHz/24MHz) based on the model of crystal vibration that is actually used.
2.Choose SPI mode(QIO/QOUT/DIO/DOUT) based on the flash that is actually used.
3.Choose flash size based on that configured in the actual compilation process.
- When the download is complete, switch ESP8266 to flash boot mode, namely, MTDO->0, GPIO0->1, GPIO2->1.
- Check the log or make instructions via serial debugging tools.