How to use the wifi light sleep?

talleychan

Re: How to use the wifi light sleep?

Postby talleychan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Make that the ESP is in client mode and that light sleeping is enabled.

ab_d

Postby ab_d » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Hey everyone,
Ive been trying to use Light Sleep mode for my project for which im using ESP8266 with RTOS SDK. Ive tried the API's given for sleep mode functions as recommended in esp8266 RTOS SDK Programming Guide's API Reference, from esp_sleep.h file, but couldn't find the declaration of those functions in its respective .c file. Also, I did notice a file named "esp_fsleep.c", which contains all the functions that I need for sleep mode to work, but all of those functions are defined as "ESP_LOGE(TAG, "We have removed this api, please do not call");"

So anyone who has faced this issue, please help me with this or let me know if ive missed something that's needed to be done to make it work! Any small working example would be a great help too!

best,
ab_d

Her Mary

Postby Her Mary » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:38 am

ab_d

Postby ab_d » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Thank you for the reply! I did go through this example before, but I dont think this example matches my requirement, as ive been trying to use Light Sleep with selected GPIO wake up function, and the example demonstrates automatic light sleep mode while my confusion with the topic still remains :)