ESP8266 and serial USB communications by PC

Mauro.Felix

ESP8266 and serial USB communications by PC

Postby Mauro.Felix » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:31 pm

Hello,
I try to make ES8266 communicate with PC via USB, with textual command lines (max 20 characters)
I use Arduino IDE on ESP.
I tried with VBA and with Visual Studio (VS).
ESP8266 used CP1202 and ESP-01 used CH340 interface. Same for both cases.
I use Rx and Tx for communication and it is not possible to use the serial.monitor as debug.
If I activate PORTX with IDE Arduino I can write and read on the USB port, both with VBA and VS,
but if I disconnect USB and ESP and then reconnect it,
the connection with USB is restored and the peripheral recognized by the PC,
the device is recognized by VBA and VS,
but the characters I convey are unrecognizable.
I cannot use serial.monitor for debugging and I have written results of the reading from PC to ESP on the EEPROM for to read it on the next boot.
I believe that the problem is due to the lack of the driver disactivated on the USB port on the PC, which IDE Arduino launches regularly,
I don't know what files they are and where I can find them. I would like to call them with shell command from VBA / VS. I close if anyone can help me.
Thanks for your attention.
Mauro

cooper

Re: ESP8266 and serial USB communications by PC

Postby cooper » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:17 pm

In my PC script for an assignment (homework file 87), I did byte reads until I found that known string. And after that I did my expected serial readline logic to do my engineering homework and proceed with the micropython output.

celinealmira

Postby celinealmira » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Looking forward to you sharing more information
mapquest directions

Terence Hane

Postby Terence Hane » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:33 pm

I did a lot of research on what would be the best way to connect to my PC and have multiple devices connected at once. I wanted to use the ESP8266 but there is no serial USB converter for it that can work with more than one device. So I ended up using a raspberry pi as a serial USB gateway. The pi has 4 UARTs on it and if you have an inexpensive USB hub you can connect up to 4 ESP8266's or any other serial device. Now, I am thinking to hire resumes planet for making a CV for me as I want to spend time solving this problem. I am looking for alternate solutions for this problem.

shara123

Postby shara123 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:21 am

The ESP8266 is a low cost, low power WiFi SoC that is capable of both TCP and UDP communications. It has built-in support for all of the UART pins on a standard microcontroller and can be programmed quordle through either USB or serial terminal software like PuTTY. This makes it a perfect solution for building Internet of Things (IoT) subway surfers devices that need to communicate over the network but don’t have any built-in WiFi capabilities.

aurorausa0106

Postby aurorausa0106 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:38 pm

ESP8266, or fully called ESP8266EX, is a low-cost Wi-Fi chip that supports TCP/IP protocol suite and can be integrated into microcontroller components. drift boss smash karts

Yolin12

Postby Yolin12 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:37 pm

There are numerous games that can be played online that are a lot of fun. One of my favorites is called stumble guys , and it's a fun knockout game that puts the boys' brains to the test.

BeckySawyer

Postby BeckySawyer » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:05 am

Most likely, it's saying hello before your PC-side script opens the port spin the wheel. If you want uart serial to care whether or not anything is listening, you'll have to specify that in your protocol.

Ella_Elizabeth

Postby Ella_Elizabeth » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:02 pm

As mentioned by Home Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Home-care physical therapy is when a physical therapist comes to your home to offer rehabilitation services. The only patients who can benefit from this type of therapy are those who are unable to leave the house to attend PT.

Ella_Elizabeth

Postby Ella_Elizabeth » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:47 pm

As told by paid advertisement Ads include sponsored posts on Instagram. A budget is allocated by the person (or company) that publishes a sponsored article in order to attract a larger audience. Sponsored posts come in two varieties: those that brands pay Instagram for (also known as promoted posts) and those that brands pay influencers to create (paid sponsorships).