The ESP-01 resets in certain (geographical) locations. For the sake of our internal discussions, we refer to these locations as deadzones. (Maybe there's a better technical name for them). The size of the deadzones is around a few hundred feet.
ESP-01 works fine (and as expected) when we are out of the deadzones.
Stock (NON-OS) Firmware
SDK Version: 1.5.2
AT Version: 0.60
So far, we have been working with the AT command set.
Other important details
1. In the dead zone, ESP-01 resets only in AP mode and not in STATION mode.
2. Tried powering the ESP-01 through 3 different methods, to rule out power-related issues. Resets in all 3 methods, while in the deadzones.
3. iOS or Android phone hotspots work fine in the deadzones.
4. Some deadzones only affect ESP-01 AP in channel 1, whereas others affect in channel 6, whereas some others affect it in all channels.
While in the dead zone, the output on UART0 is as follows...
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)
load 0x40100000, len 1856, room 16
load 0x3ffe8000, len 776, room 8
load 0x3ffe8310, len 552, room 8
2nd boot version : 1.5
SPI Speed : 40MHz
SPI Mode : DIO
SPI Flash Size & Map: 8Mbit(512KB+512KB)
jump to run user1 @ 1000
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.
1. Is this due to (faulty) power?
2. Is this due to electromagnetic/RF reasons?
3. Is this due to a firmware bug, perhaps due to reception of some 802.11 packets in AP mode?
4. Any further data that we need to collect to narrow down the cause of the problem?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Newbies Start Here
Are you new to ESP8266?
Unsure what to do?
Dunno where to start?
Start right here!
We also have a RTOS version and a MESH version too!
Complete listing of the official ESP8266 related documentation release by ESPRESSIF!
Must read here!