Flash Tool v1.2 com port limitation

gailu

Flash Tool v1.2 com port limitation

Postby gailu » Fri May 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Dear Sir,

I am wondering why only 21 COM ports are listed in Flash Download tool v1.2. On my PC my USB port is recognized as COM 30 so I am unable to use it. I have to use Node MCU flash tool. Why don't you allow COM up to 255 supported by Windows, or only show currently available ports or let user type COM port number himself instead of selecting from combo box?

I hope you increase the number of COM ports in next version or detect available COM port as Node MCU flash tool or other terminal tools (tera term, putty etc) detect available port and show only those ports in combo box of you Flash Download Tool.

Best Regards

costaud

Re: Flash Tool v1.2 com port limitation

Postby costaud » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am

gailu wrote:Dear Sir,

I am wondering why only 21 COM ports are listed in Flash Download tool v1.2. On my PC my USB port is recognized as COM 30 so I am unable to use it. I have to use Node MCU flash tool. Why don't you allow COM up to 255 supported by Windows, or only show currently available ports or let user type COM port number himself instead of selecting from combo box?

I hope you increase the number of COM ports in next version or detect available COM port as Node MCU flash tool or other terminal tools (tera term, putty etc) detect available port and show only those ports in combo box of you Flash Download Tool.

Best Regards

Roger that!