Some power saving questions

ESP_Sprite

Re: Some power saving questions

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Espressif_Faye wrote:@Sprite_tm , it seems that you have many questions about how to use our APIs, please contact sales@espressif.com to sign NDA, then you can get our documents about APIs and else. ;)

I absolutely do :) I really like this device and would like to do awesome things with it; things you can only reach by knowing the thing well. I also unfortunately cannot sign an NDA: most of the stuff I do, I write articles about and make open-source. Signing an NDA would prevent me from doing that.

interface to load and save the WiFi parameters: wifi_softap_get_config and wifi_softap_set_config

I saw those, and they are for the AP configuration. What I'd want is a similar thing but for the internal state of the station mode. If I could save and load that easily, I could cut boot time in half.

wifi_set_sleep_type to set sleep type for power saving. Set NONE_SLEEP_T to disable power saving. Default to be Modem sleep. Power saving is only enabled in station mode,because softap can not sleep.
Thanks for your interest in ESP8266 !

I have done this (in station mode ofcourse), but I see absolutely no change in power usage.

ESP_Faye

Postby ESP_Faye » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:03 pm

For station is : wifi_station_set_config. ;)

brucehvn

Postby brucehvn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:19 pm

I have similar questions about saving as much power as possible, but if communication is going the opposite way of what Sprite_tm described. I would like the chip to be in as low power mode as possible but still be able to react to a connection to the http server (thanks Sprite_tm), wake up, send out a response, then go back into a lower power mode. Is that doable in light sleep mode?