FCC sample code missing

someburner

FCC sample code missing

Postby someburner » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:14 am

On your main website, there appears to be a place for FCC sample code, but is missing.

http://espressif.com/en/support/explore ... ?keys=Test

Where is this? Can I obtain it for myself via private correspondance? We are about to beging compliance testing and I would like to not have to re-write this all myself. And yes, we do need to do this because we have a 2nd radio co-located next to the ESP. So modular cert does not cover this.

iot-bits.com

Re: FCC sample code missing

Postby iot-bits.com » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm

- Pratik Panda
Nerd and Embedded Design Consultant
www.iot-bits.com

someburner

Postby someburner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:16 pm

The co-located esp is the controller of the 2nd radio. So compiled form means we cant control it unless we re-flash the esp while the power is still on. This is what we did for pre-testing but it's a pain in the ass and lab time ins't cheap.

iot-bits.com

Postby iot-bits.com » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Ohh, I understand that. That's a problem then.
You should see what the support team tells you, they respond better if you contact via the Fb page.
Otherwise you have to write your own firmware there.
- Pratik Panda
Nerd and Embedded Design Consultant
www.iot-bits.com

someburner

Postby someburner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that try.

someburner

Postby someburner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm

For anyone wondering, the answer was "no". I am assuming this is due to a licensing agreement somewhere up the chain.

I have written a wrapper around their firmware. However it appears that the firmware uses a predefined init_data_default sector, which is problematic since they have updated init_data_default.bin to "v08" which contains slightly lowered Tx power levels. And the examples all use "0" as the 3rd parameter which I am assuming means "default". But what is the default? I believe it is the old v05. So then we should all be using param3 == 4 ?'

Come on guys. I know the ESP32 is your primary focus right now, but this kind of stuff only takes a few minutes to update..