Reflash EPS with the newest firmware

resca

Reflash EPS with the newest firmware

Postby resca » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 am

I need to reflash some ESP-12F with NONOS firmware. No problems with both the windows utility and/or the linux python tool: I can successfully upload what is needed. The problem is that it is absolutely unclear WHAT is needed! In the best case I get "rf_cal[0] !=0x05,is 0xFF" that looks to wrong location of some modules or "ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7) ets_main.c" that means - I guess - the firmware is not found at all.

Of course, I thoroughly read the just downloaded 2a-esp8266-sdk_getting_started_guide_en.pdf but the informations therein looks not aligned with the present ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.2.0. For instance, in 5.1.1 I read:
"Modify files in ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include according to the
flash map." but ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include/user_light.h and ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include/user_plug.h there is no #define PRIV_PARAM_START_SEC

The PRIV_PARAM_START_SEC label does not exist in any files in the whole ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.2.0 directory.
Looking for 0x3c, I found it in examples/IoT_Demo/user/user_main.c, but it is lowercase: priv_param_start_sec and I see a case statement to automatically(?) change it based on the flash size. Have I to suppose there is no longer need to modify the .h files? Very confusing.

In addition, if this is now "automated" I cannot find any reason the eagle*.bin files are not available directly in the .bin format. And, finally, let me say it is totally unclear WHICH files are really needed: For a simple 4MB Flash NONOS, no-OTA, no-AT, is it correct the following?
0x0 eagle.flash.bin
0x10000 eagle.irom0text.bin
0x3fc000 esp_init_data_default.bin
0x3fe000 blank.bin

May we have a draft idea of the function of the various modules?

Thanks