http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-Meter ... g_0402.pdf
These two ADC channels can be used for any purpose, but my specific use is for power consumption monitoring. For example - an AC outlet that monitors how much power is being used. Outlets like this are used in data centers to bill people for the power they use. They would also be used in home automation if they were cheaper, adding the ADC+PGA would make them cheap enough. Note that you have to be able to simultaneously sample the two ADCs in order to do the calculations, you can't have one ADC and switch inputs between it.
An ideal integrated power supply controller would be flexible to do all of this....
1) Hot ground constant voltage supply - use case: dimmers, outlets
2) Hot ground constant current supply - use case: LED bulbs
3) Buck-boost supply - batteries
Once the power supply controller is integrated it becomes possible to add some extreme 'Green' features to the chip. For example - when the chip is ready to use wifi it could instruct the power supply controller to fully charge up the output capacitor. When in deep sleep it could be smart enough to only charge the output cap once every 50 cycles. This helps solve one of the main problems with smart LED light bulbs - they draw too much power when they are off. Under IEC62301 if standby power is 5mW of less, you can advertise it as Zero power consumption in the EU. This may be achievable with an integrated power supply controller.
free parcel with
fully basic starter kit from espressif
for all registered board forum developer
with the newest ESP???? chip and all the new features that was done by listing
i will be a beta tester
yes ..please add me to the list
love it, change it or leave it.
I would like the following features (several possible subsets would solve most of my current problems):
- A way to enable and disable WiFi in software without resetting the chip. (Transition WAKE_RF_DISABLED<->WAKE_RF_DEFAULT states without requiring a deepSleep cycle which resets the processor.
- A way to set up a callback function to restart after deepSleep and a flag to allow deepSleep to keep the RAM contents
- More RAM
Beyond those basics that would be really handy for my low-power sensor platform work, I'd also like IPv6 so I can talk to the modern internet instead of needing a gateway or translator. This one is actually critical and may prevent me from continuing to use the chipset if it isn't resolved soon.
5Ghz 802.11ac would be nice.
BETTER DOCUMENTATION, especially for the Arduiino IDE.
The secret decoder ring for messages displayed at boot time.
- real i2c hardware
- more, much more iram (not because I need it but because libraries need it)
- normal libc api, even the at atmel attiny 25 has it (2k flash, 256 bytes ram...) I mean e.g. a normal snprintf implementation, not a crippled one with a strange name, likewise for all the other functions. I assume with more iram it will be possible to use a normal embedded libc.
- PROPER PROTOTYPES for ALL sdk functions.
- proper hardware pwm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests
Newbies Start Here
Are you new to ESP8266?
Unsure what to do?
Dunno where to start?
Start right here!
We also have a RTOS version and a MESH version too!
Complete listing of the official ESP8266 related documentation release by ESPRESSIF!
Must read here!