EspNow and SSID

Hans Huber

EspNow and SSID

Postby Hans Huber » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 am

Hello,

I was successfull in establish esp now communication between a Slave in SoftAP mode and a Controller in Station mode.
Everything fine so far but i discovered a SSID on WiFi network created by the Slave in SoftAP mode.

Can i avoid setting up a Wifi access point by the Slave?

Can two controller communicate to each other without a Slave?
As i understood the problem could be the modem sleep mode. Can i disable any sleep mode to have controller-controller communication?

Thank you very much!

ESP_Faye

Re: EspNow and SSID

Postby ESP_Faye » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Hi,

The slave-slave communicate is supported.
The role is just used to select interface(STA/SOFTAP) to send/recv packets if esp82866 is in mixed mode(STA+SOFTAP MODE) .
If only in single mode( STA or SOFTAP MODE), it will ignore role.

If you do not care powersave that will cause receiving packets failed, you can send to a device which is in station-only mode. But we do not suggest that.

Thanks for your interest in ESP8266!

cartman18

Postby cartman18 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 am

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Lets look at a example:

First device:
Esp8266, station mode, controller role

Second device:
Esp8266, station mode, contoller role

What prerequisits has to be done, to have this devices communicate to each other. Do i have to disable some sleep modes?

It would be better to have one of the devices in SoftAP mode, right? But in this case the device shows up with own SSID in WiFi network. This is what i do not want. Can i prevent a SoftAP mode device from doing this and have esp now working?

Thanks a lot

cartman18

Postby cartman18 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi, thanks for your help.
Would you mind explaining: "If you do not care powersave that will cause receiving packets failed, you can send to a device which is in station-only mode."?
If i really want to do that so in which way i have to care about powersave?
I tried to deal with "wifi_fpm_set_sleep_type(NONE_SLEEP_T)" but without success.
Thanks a lot!