Reflash EPS with the newest firmware

resca

Reflash EPS with the newest firmware

Postby resca » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 am

I need to reflash some ESP-12F with NONOS firmware. No problems with both the windows utility and/or the linux python tool: I can successfully upload what is needed. The problem is that it is absolutely unclear WHAT is needed! In the best case I get "rf_cal[0] !=0x05,is 0xFF" that looks to wrong location of some modules or "ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7) ets_main.c" that means - I guess - the firmware is not found at all.

Of course, I thoroughly read the just downloaded 2a-esp8266-sdk_getting_started_guide_en.pdf but the informations therein looks not aligned with the present ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.2.0. For instance, in 5.1.1 I read:
"Modify files in ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include according to the
flash map." but ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include/user_light.h and ESP8266_NONOS_SDK/examples/IoT_Demo/include/user_plug.h there is no #define PRIV_PARAM_START_SEC

The PRIV_PARAM_START_SEC label does not exist in any files in the whole ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.2.0 directory.
Looking for 0x3c, I found it in examples/IoT_Demo/user/user_main.c, but it is lowercase: priv_param_start_sec and I see a case statement to automatically(?) change it based on the flash size. Have I to suppose there is no longer need to modify the .h files? Very confusing.

In addition, if this is now "automated" I cannot find any reason the eagle*.bin files are not available directly in the .bin format. And, finally, let me say it is totally unclear WHICH files are really needed: For a simple 4MB Flash NONOS, no-OTA, no-AT, is it correct the following?
0x0 eagle.flash.bin
0x10000 eagle.irom0text.bin
0x3fc000 esp_init_data_default.bin
0x3fe000 blank.bin

May we have a draft idea of the function of the various modules?

Thanks

jmcornil

Re: Reflash EPS with the newest firmware

Postby jmcornil » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello

Did you get an answer for I find the same problem and I do not know if these modifications are important !

I am new to ESP8266 and I search a mean to program it directly and without this arduino IDE. Do you have any advice about it.

Thank in advance for your reply and sorry if my english is not correct but I am French !

Jack-Michel CORNIL